KBTU approved the policy of JSC "KAZAKHSTAN-BRITISH TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY" IN THE FIELD OF ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
SEPT. 16, 2020
KBTU approved the policy of JSC "KAZAKHSTAN-BRITISH TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY" IN THE FIELD OF ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION.
The Kazakh-British Technical University JSC has developed a set of effective preventive measures for environmental protection at the University. The management system of JSC "Kazakh-British Technical University" for environmental protection is implemented in accordance with the requirements of the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan and international standards.
Implementation of the policy of JSC "Kazakh-British Technical University" in the field of environmental protection is based on the following principles:
In the material and technical part
1. to reduce the volume of waste generation, introduce mechanisms for separate waste collection, reuse and recycling; refuse to use non-recyclable materials, reduce paper consumption by improving the electronic document management system; reduce water consumption, apply water-saving technologies; improve energy saving and energy efficiency.
2. to apply technologies and materials that meet environmental standards when carrying out renovations, renovations and construction of new buildings.
3. Purchase materials and goods that are safe for human health and the environment and have environmental labels.
4. to form a responsible person, aimed at caring for health and the environment (refusal to use plastic packaging and disposable tableware in canteens).
5. landscaping of the territory.
In the social sphere
1. to increase environmental literacy and environmental culture of the university and local community.
2. to involve members of the university community in environmentally and socially significant projects.
3. to raise awareness / change the culture of behavior of the administration, scientific-pedagogical and engineering-technical staff: trainings, meetings, e-mail newsletters, work with lecturers on the inclusion of sustainable development issues in teaching materials.
4. to increase comfort / improve living conditions: air-thermal comfort, light, acoustic comfort, comfort control and management.
In the scientific and educational sphere
1. to popularize an environmentally conscious lifestyle and ideas of sustainable development during lectures and scientific and practical events.
2. to support fundamental and applied research in the field of ecology, environmental management and sustainable development.
3. to support interdisciplinary research and applied projects in the field of ecology, environmental management and sustainable development.
4. to develop educational, including international, bachelor's and master's programs in the field of ecology, environmental management and sustainable development.
1. to develop and improve the environmental management system at the University.
2. Conduct continuous monitoring studies to timely track changes and make adjustments to action plans.
3. to continuously improve the processes of the University in the field of ensuring environmental safety.
4. to develop and implement a system of incentives for university community members who are actively involved in the processes associated with the development and implementation of eco-oriented practices.
5. to provide free access to information on the environmental activities of the University by creating a section "Green Office" on the official portal.